Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Speedway Project


I ventured out to Wake County Speedway, working on my Speedway project. This was my first race of the season, just no time and the weather has been really hot so most small town tracks aren't running. I spent a lot of time with these people last year and it was good to see them. I was met with hugs and hand shakes, not to get all sappy but it was nice. I always send some prints to the tracks after I shoot and 2 people came up and slipped me a $20, I tried to refuse. Racing is like anything in life, you have the haves and have nots, people trying to keep up with the Jones ..... People driving broken down cars from rusty trailers and state of the art motor coaches. Just a really weird juxtaposition ..... For me it's like going to a football game, the tailgating is the best part. Once the racing begins I'm out of there ...... For me it's the people not the racing that keep me coming back.

No comments: