Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Raleigh photographer

Raleigh photographer working on a personal project Bike Week  in Myrtle Beach SC.
Bike Week - Myrtle Beach, SC. - May 9 – 18, 2014.
A major motorcycle event that  takes place in May each year and has drawn motorcycle riders and enthusiasts alike since 1940, it attracts more than 300,000 visitors each year.
       As a child I remember being on vacation with my family during Bike Week, the roar of the engines the smell of gas and the interesting looking people. This year I decided to go on a photo journey to try and capture some of those images from my memory. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for.  From what I learned the Bikers got to rowdy for Myrtle Beach and most of the action now takes place in Merrel's Inlet SC. It’s a 13 mile ride that takes about an hour to drive with all the traffic. I think I spent more time in my car than actually taking photo’s. I went looking for the rowdy parties, drunken brawls and scantily clad women. I did find some, they were few and far between. Seems like the Biker culture has changed with fancy Harley-Davidsons driven by doctors and lawyers. A fun time was had by all.

No comments: