Friday, November 16, 2007

last day with Maria Dubin


My last day documenting Maria Dubin www.mariadubin.com at Novozymes. This is what it's all about the finished paintings. They looked really great hanging on the walls with all the empty space around them. It was tough to get a good image of the finished work. I couldn't get straight on on one painting and the other noway to get the light at a 45 degree angle. Thank you Photoshop. Maria's next Novozymes painting will be in Brazil, maybe they'll send me down to cover her again from start to finish.
Copy Work and Stuff- I'm going to show my age here. I worked in Vegas for 5 years, 3 of those years I worked with Bob Pace, a Master of Dye transfer,retouching and copy work. We shot alot of copy work in the studio 4x5 and 8x10 chrome, we did alot of work for Leroy Neiman. The best way was to polarize your light source and camera lense and have your lights at a 45 degree angle. Stop the camera down to @ f/32 go dark in the studio and pop the strobes @ 10 time. As I said Bob was a Master of retouching, this was in the days before Photoshop and SciTec was new. This was all done with 8x10 pin registration and litho's form highlight and contast masking. I work with a Tom Kelly original chrome of Marilyn Monroe (the nude on red), I might have afew dupes of my own lying around the house.

No comments: