Friday, May 30, 2008

10 minute food shoot


Working on some images for NC Signature Magazine of local restaurants, Crooks Corner in Chapel Hill. Set up outside on the patio on a black table soft-box camera left and grid for backlight on right. This was the wait staffs dinner, the tray of food arrived at 5:10 and left at 5:20 so the staff could eat before the doors opened at 5:30. One of the fastest shoots I've ever done. I'm usually not a big fan of shooting food on black, but I think the shots turned out OK, I took advantage of the bamboo for the strawberry sorbet shot. Thanks to Bill Smith chef for his patience.
I was suppose to shoot the Magnolia Grill in Durham, but they told me to download some images from the website. I know I'm not with the NY Times,Gourmet Magazine or Bon Appetite but, just let me do my job and take some cool images.

No comments: