Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Speedway series fan appreciation night


Headed out to Wake County Speedway the other night to work on my Speedway series, and to be honest my heart just wasn't in it. Seems like I'm in a funk with my personal projects these days, maybe I should give them a rest and re-visit them in the future. I had no idea it was fan appreciation night. They had these big blow-up bouncy things for the kids and behind it they were burning trash, the photo's don't do it justice. I snapped off @ 1800 shots and going through them I actually found some I liked. I swear I'll never shot a car going around the track again .........

Misc. Tech stuff - Arriving early is the key, I'm able to set-up some lights usually an AB 400/800 or Profoto set-up. I really need an assistant, just alot of gear for one person to carry even with the Multi-cart. I think of myself as a production type person but once the practice starts there's no time for set-up. I'm slowly getting use to shooting on the fly with available light. Even with the Nikon D3 I try to stay below ISO 400, I shot some stuff at 1000 and it looked like crap with all the noise.

No comments: